CIEE Global Institute – Berlin: Open Campus Program
We're pleased to offer semester pricing for Open Campus programs starting at $6,500. CIEE is committed to preparing global citizens for today's workforce and tackling the barriers that prevent students from studying abroad. Providing affordable programs is key to these efforts, and supports our pledge to Generation Study Abroad™.
Customize your study abroad experience. Our Open Campus program at the CIEE Global Institute – Berlin offers maximum flexibility to engage and experience Berlin in your own way. Match the academic experience with your interests, aspirations, and degree requirements: Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from five diverse options, then choose from our wide range of courses and subject areas.
In Berlin, no matter how you build your program, you'll surround yourself with the language, culture, and people of the vibrant Kreuzberg district – a hub for the arts, techno, and digital technology. The campus features a newly renovated former factory, study in state-of-the-art classrooms, and opportunities to get involved with activities, interest groups, and sports activities designed to connect you with the local community. Plus, you'll have plenty of chances to get out and learn about Berlin and Germany up close during included excursions and Study-Tours.
Students can also opt to combine locations across the CIEE Open Campus network of locations - Buenos Aires, Santiago, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome – to create a truly individualized study abroad experience.
Download the brochure
CREATE YOUR PERFECT STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE
Select courses from five academic tracks:
- Language, Literature & Culture – Build your German language skills and probe the fascinating cultures found in Berlin, Germany, and Europe as you absorb Berlin's architectural masterpieces and world-class arts scenes. Some courses are available in both English and German, so you can combine language-learning with discipline-centered content.
- Business – Germany is Europe's economic powerhouse, and its capital city is the largest hub for tech start-ups, making Berlin a prime spot to investigate the new demands and strategies of global business.
- Communications, Journalism & New Media – Home to more than 1,000 film and television production companies, Berlin leads the way in European communications. Coursework, fieldwork, and site visits offer revealing insight into the role and power of media today.
- Health Sciences – See how Germany and the European Union are addressing major health care challenges with a combination of courses and fieldwork with renowned institutions and research centers.
- International Relations & Political Science – Germany – a leading voice in European and world affairs – an ideal place to examine the pressing challenges facing Europe today and their impact on every corner of the globe.
Enroll in one, two or three 6-week blocks:
The Open Campus Program teaches classes taught on a unique six-week academic block system, which results in courses that are taught more intensively than in a traditional semester-length course. Student should be prepared for a more focused academic experience with longer class sessions. Choose one, two or three academic blocks during either the fall or spring semester. Each block is six weeks long, and can be combined with blocks in the Open Campus program in Berlin, London and Paris. Students typically take two courses per block, one of which might be an Academic Project (internship, service learning project, or independent research).
Stay in Berlin – or combine locations
Stay in Berlin for the duration of your study abroad – or add on blocks in other CIEE Open Campus locations in London, Paris and Rome experience more of Europe in CIEE's unique Global Scholar program.
Global Scholars are students who combine sessions in the Open Campus programs in Berlin, London, Paris, and Rome. To amplify and maximize the experience, all Global Scholars participate in Global Scholars Online (GSO), a virtual course that will accompany you on your journey to multiple CIEE Global Institutes. GSO will help you squeeze the most learning and benefit out of your time abroad. It will support you in connecting with peers, making sense of cultural differences, and transitioning between multiple host cultures.
Berlin is waiting – choose your adventure today.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.