The University of Warwick, United Kingdom
ILR School and the Warwick Business School Exchange (WBS)
The University of Warwick student exchange is with the Warwick Business School (WBS). Warwick is one of the UK's leading universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation, and for links with business and industry. It is a member of the Russell Group, which represents the 24 leading universities in the UK; it is consistently ranked in the top ten of UK universities in the national league tables; and it ranks among the top 50 universities in the world according to the 2015/2016 QS World University Rankings.
The University of Warwick is located in Coventry, which is in the center of England and is approximately one hour from London by train. The University of Warwick campus is like a small city in itself with its own shops, banks, restaurants, etc., making it an exciting place to live and work with everything you could need close at hand. In addition, several nearby towns including Warwick, Coventry, and Leamington Spa, to name a few, offer shopping, a variety of restraurants and pubs, and historic charm. Excellent access to public transportation makes it easy to explore the surrounding areas and beyond.
Fall, Spring, Spring and Summer, or Academic Year
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take courses across various departments within the Warwick Business School.
- Students must enroll in five full-time courses.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester (additional credit cannot be earned for attending the summer term).
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
View WBS module (course) offerings here: WBS Course Offerings.pdf
Tuition and Other Costs
The WBS Exchange Program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School). Financial aid would apply. If you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
ILR exchange students are responsible for passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, fees related to courses, books, and personal expenses.
Who Should Apply?
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
Program Website: https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/academics/special-study-options/international-experience/exchange-programs/university-warwick-uk
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA by the time of departure.
Tamara Ingram, firstname.lastname@example.org