CET Prague: Film Production at FAMU
Produce and direct your own stories on 16mm or 35mm film. Take hands-on courses and workshops at one of the world's finest film academies, FAMU, the Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague. You'll participate in all aspects of filmmaking: directing, cinematography, screenwriting and editing. The program is open to challenge-seeking students who are excited to collaborate with peers and mentors.
Create Your Own Film. Live in Prague While You're At It.
Visit the CET website to apply and learn more about this program
- Hands-on courses and workshops with faculty mentors
- Based at FAMU, the Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
- Collaboration in small groups with Czech students, international students and CET peers
- Documentary option for fall students
- 35mm option for advanced fall students
- Courses taught in English
- No language prerequisite, but previous film experience, such as coursework in film production, is strongly encouraged
Film Production in Prague
An Integrative, Intensive Filmmaking Experience
Film Production program is designed for students who are highly
motivated to produce and direct their own stories in Super 16mm film.
Established in 1991 in cooperation with the School of Communication at
American University, the Film Production program is now available to
students from schools all over North America.
program is hosted by FAMU, the Film and Television School of the
Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, one of Europe's oldest and finest
film academies. This relationship with FAMU allows students on the Film
Production program an exclusive experience unequaled in the film
education world. Central to the program is a master class on film
production. Students learn through the production process itself and in
on-site workshops. Courses are taught in English.