Study Abroad in INDIA with IFSA
About the Program
Five miles from the Arabian Sea lies the college town of Manipal, an ideal location from which to study India's public health challenges and rich cultural heritage. Build a strong foundation in the health sciences alongside Indian peers, and visit local clinics at the forefront of health promotion, disease prevention, and even Ayurvedic medicine.
Near the Western Ghats and only five miles from the Arabian Sea, the college town of Manipal is surrounded by tropical palm trees and stunning views. The very presence of cutting-edge Manipal University has sparked massive infrastructure development that rivals some of India’s top urban campuses. In Manipal, you meet students not only from all over India, but from all over the world, and together study India’s public health challenges and rich cultural heritage.
- Enroll directly in classes at premier Manipal University where you learn firsthand how to navigate the Indian higher education system
- Study in a similar setup to an American university – but in an Indian setting – with state-of-the-art academic, sport and exercise facilities
- Gain a 360-degree understanding of the India’s health system through weekly hands-on exposure at the village, town and district level
- Boost your resume by participating in a Directed Research project focused on a relevant topic of interest within the social or health sciences
- Live in the same housing as Indian students and select the roommate option to make fast friends and connections on campus
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278