|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Russian||Core Program Attributes:||Direct Enrollment|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Homestay|
|Approved by:||AAP, CALS, ENG, HUM EC, ILR, SHA||Minimum Student Status:||Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Program Advisor:||Stephen Capobianco|
CIEE Russian Area Studies Program in St. Petersburg, Russia
Pure gold: it decorates the domes everywhere you look in St. Petersburg and will undoubtedly be your opinion about your experience in the Northern Capital of Russia. This city, which produced "father of American ballet" George Balanchine, where Mikhail Baryshnikov began his illustrious ballet career, and where artist Marc Chagall perfected his craft, is where you will develop your language skills, find adventure and gain a greater appreciation for Russian politics, history, and culture. It's all waiting for you with CIEE.
Study abroad in St. Petersburg and you'll:
- Improve your Russian language proficiency, and learn about Russian culture in an authentic and stimulating environment in the longest-running U.S. study abroad program in Russia
- Have the option to live in a Russian home
- Experience a rich cultural program including local excursions and regional field trips to Moscow, Pskov, and other Russian regions; visits to museums, historical sites, and theaters
- Dive into extensive interaction with locals through the variety of coordinated cultural events
- Live in 300-year old St. Petersburg, known as the "Venice of the North," and experience the relationship between traditional and modern forces impacting Russia today
- Become a member of a unique alumni network of remarkable individuals who have studied in St. Petersburg since the opening of the Study Center in 1967
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||10/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Late applications may be accepted, but colleges typically need time to process your approval.